Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Merry Christmas

Christmas 2012

source

It’s been awhile since I‘ve written one of my “traditional” Christmas letters, so forgive me if this letter tends to be wordy!  I’m sitting here trying to think of what I could possibly have to say that would interest any of you (especially those of you who have lived through this year with me), and my mind draws a blank.  All I can do is shake my head and try to clear out some of the cobwebs as I begin to type. 

This year has been crammed full and hectic from day one.  I’ve just looked back over the calendar and am amazed at how many banquets, dinners, conferences, fund raisers, parties and pic-nics I’ve attended and still found time for church, work, family and vacation!

The biggest change that stands out in my mind is the recent push for outreach and the purchase of a bus at church.  Trying to reach out to others to witness is, well, scary.  Really, it is.  You have to look around, get outside of your box, and pay attention.  It makes you get down on your knees and double check everything on the inside to make sure it’s all cleaned up and then polish up on the Word to make sure it’s fresh in your heart.  I’ve prayed diligently this year that God would create in me a clean heart and a right spirit.  I know, I know…it’s such a big challenge for Him…but if anyone can pull that off, He can!  I can tell He has already begun the process, but sad to say He has so much work left to do on me!  I want to be ready to be used by Him exactly when He needs me.  I want to be found a worthy vessel…humble, obedient and willing.  That will be my prayer for 2013.

I’ve had a lot of fun this year…the youth trip to San Antonio, a quick trip to Round Top, the Spring Pic-Nic, the Crawfish boil, and vacation at Ink’s Lake.  There have been the usual illnesses, heartaches, and disappointments…a terrible bout with viral bronchitis, surgeries, Kirstyn’s diagnosis with Asthma and severe allergies, the wedding that wasn’t, Grandma’s pneumonia, Sis. Hammer’s sickness, the lives so tragically taken in Colorado & Connecticut, our economy, Obamacare, and the election.  I’ve enjoyed many milestones this year, too!  I got a new car, Ryan graduated from High School, Malissia got her Driver’s License, Kirstyn has one class left to graduate from college with her Associates Degree in Education.

All in all, I have much to be thankful for.  I live in America, the land of the free, the home of the brave.  I am a Christian and I know God personally…I even know His name, Jesus.  I have a job, a car, a house.  I have family and friends who love me in spite of all my faults.  I have good health, a right mind, and a fairly positive attitude.  Don’t laugh…it’s true. 

I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to 2013.  I can’t wait to see what’s in store.  I know, no matter what, my Friend will be with me through it all, and so will you!

Merry Christmas and the bestest New Year EVER!

The Barrick Family
(Stephanie, Kirstyn, Ryan, Malissia, Bush & Ashlynn)

My beautiful children

No comments:

Post a Comment