Wednesday, November 21, 2012

I'm Thankful for...

I have so much to be thankful for, I cannot complain!  God has been so good to me.  He has bestowed me with so many gifts this year - and I am of all people most unworthy!

He has blessed me with a home that I love and cherish.  I have a wonderful family, loving children, and a pastor and church family that surpasses all expectations.  I have friends and co-workers aplenty!  He has blessed me with good health, enough money to pay my bills, a new car, and great job and generous employer.  I have been given a right mind, a clean heart, the ability to love and to forgive.  I have the joy of the Holy Ghost in my soul and most importantly I know His name...Jesus!  The only name given whereby we MUST be saved!

I am thankful to live in America for even at its worst it is a thousand times better than living anywhere else!  With all of our imperfections, we still have freedom - to laugh, to pray, to be thankful or to grumble...whatever we want.  I am not afraid to walk out of my house, to fall asleep in my bed, of tomorrow and what it may (or may not) hold. 

I am grateful for my heritage.  For being an American citizen, for being a Maxwell by birth, for being a Christian, a child of God.  I could have been born at any time in any country to any parents, but God put me HERE, and for that, I give Him all the honor and praise.  He has been so good to me.

Of all the things I am thankful for, I am most thankful that He knows my name.  He knew me before I was.  The great I AM made sacrifices for me thousands of years before I was even to be, and then he left His holy WORD as a guide, a lamp post, a path, a landmark. 

How could I NOT be thankful?

Yesterday the ladies (and men) in the office got together to celebrate Thanksgiving.  Everyone brought a dish.  It was DELICIOUS and the fellowship will always be remembered! 



Buttermilk Pie, Apple Pie, MILLIONAIRES, a veggie tray, spinach dip, fruit salad and cranberry sauce...YUMMY!


Roasted Chicken, Broccoli Cheese casserole, green beans, glazed carrots, mashed taters n gravy
 I am thankful for all my co-workers and my employers!  It is truly a joy and a blessing to work in an environment that is pleasant and productive, with people who make you glad to come to work.  I can honestly say I never dread getting up and going to work.  I LOVE MY JOB!  :)


L-R Crystal, Buddi, JoAnn, Amber & Pam

L-R Crystal, Buddi, Amber, Pam, Brandi & JoAnn
A good time was had by all.  Thank you, John & Barbara, Albert, Wilbur, Brandi, Kim, Donna, Amber, Jo-Ann, Crystal, Buddi, BAM, and Pam, for making M-F at BVW a pleasant time & place to be!  May God bless you all abundantly this holiday season.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

K.  Bye, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment