Friday, September 21, 2012

When to let go and when to hold on...

Today is a topsy-turvy day for me.  I feel torn in several ways. 

My baby passed her drivers text Wednesday and drove her own car to school by her own self today!  Aaaauuuugggghhhh!  It's so HARD to let go and let them grow up.  Evidently I have trust and faith issues!  :)  I'm going to have to leave my faith in HIM to keep her safe and sound.  I don't remember it being this hard with my 2 older children.  Is this the beginning of "empty nest" syndrome?  Seeing the last child take the last steps toward adulthood?  I'm not so sure I'm ready for that yet.  God's got His work cut out for Him, getting me ready to face that part of my future.

In other news, Colby has called off the wedding.  I'm not sure if it's temporary or not.  We're gonna leave that in God's hands, also.  He is under a massive amount of pressure in his personal life with his family.  His mother was diagnosed in the early stages of Alzheimer's a couple of weeks ago.  Yesterday they found a brain tumor.  They are going to run an MRI on her and hopefully we will know more soon.  She is so young - late 50's - for this to happen.  Please keep her in your prayers!  And Colby.  Pray that we can convince them to go to MD Andersen, malignant or not.  We serve an AWESOME GOD who can do anything.  He is our creator, our savior, our friend, our healer, our comforter, our heavenly father.  He knows our every need before the need exists.  We don't know what the future holds, but we know WHO holds the future.  That is where I'm going to place my trust and faith that He will work all of this out for our good.

Ryan has moved back home...well, he's living on his own, but he is back in Nederland, TX!  I'm glad.  Hopefully God will continue to stir him and convict him to re-dedicate his life to Him.  He has a new job and is beginning to pull himself up from the financial trauma he has been through at the hands of his former employer.  He, too, needs everyone's prayers.

Kirstyn is doing as well as can be expected.  She took it hard when Colby called off the wedding, but she is trying to be strong and putting her faith in God.  She has grown so much in her faith.  I am so proud of her.  She is also trying to be there for Colby as a friend, when he needs someone to talk to and confide in about his family situation.  That takes an enormous amount of strength and courage.  She's going to be such a great Mom and Wife someday! 

There are so many other situations and people suffering...I wonder how people survive without God and a good, solid core of church family to pull them through!  It's such a relief to be able to call, email or text my church family and ask them to pray and sit back and watch their immediate response and concern.  They truly exhibit the love of Christ, the love of the Holy Ghost.  Such a priviledge to serve an awesome God!  He makes this life worth living.

Love you all!

K.  Bye now!

No comments:

Post a Comment