Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kirstyn

Happy Belated Birthday to my first born child, my oldest daughter, Kirstyn Gayle Barrick.  On September 11, 2012 you turned 22 years old!  You made me the happiest woman on earth when you were born and I became a mom!  You were a gift to me straight from God and I am so thankful for you.

Never in my wildest imagination could I have dreamed of the woman you would become!  You are such a unique individual.  :)  You are the daughter who has tested me until I was at my wit's end and when I thought all hope was lost, you actually listened to what I had to say, your pastor had to say, and what God was trying to tell you - and applied it to your life and made yourself a better person for it!

You are the daughter who will drop everything you are doing to take me to the doctor when I am sick, only to take pictures of me at my lowest and post them on Instagram!  You are the daughter who will clean the house to a T when you want to have a party or friends over, only to fight with Malissia about who's turn it is to take out the trash or close the garage door!


You are the daughter who always wants to include me in your plans to go out to eat with all of your friends, but only because Colby isn't going and you need someone to pay for your meal!  :)  Bwahahaha!  (You didn't think I figured all that out, did you?)

You always sound so sad when you hear about me and the girls at work going out to eat because we "left you out" even though you don't work with me and have your own friends to go out with. 

You are a mess!  A complete, total mess and I love you for it! 

You see no age limits between yourself and others - everyone is a potential best friend.  You love them ALL!  The children, the teenagers, the parents of all your friends, and the elderly.  No one is excluded from your circle!  You are who you are.  No show, no false image, no "putting on a good face" for company - just plain old Kirstyn. 

You are always the life of the party, always have a smile to share, a joke to crack, or someone to make fun of.  Again - you are no respecter of persons - you feel free to make fun of everyone, friend or foe, acquaintance or stranger - no matter.  Everyone is subject to your opinions - including yourself.  You do not get offended easily and are always quick to forgive and extend the olive branch.  You never hesitate to apologize when you realize you have been wrong, and never hesitate to accept apologies from others when they have hurt you.

You will soon graduate from college and I know you will be the best special education teacher in the world - because you are "special" yourself!  :)  Whether you choose to work with the young children in pre-school or the high-school crowd, they will all be blessed because you were in their life!

In 6 short months you will become Mrs. Colby Howell.  But I will not be losing you - I will be gaining a son-in-law.  Daniel and Anita are in for a BIG surprise when they take you into their family.  I am sure that you will bring much joy and laughter to their family!  In a few short years God will bless you both with darling, fat, blonde, dimpled babies - and I will be blessed to be their grandma!  I can't wait to see what the future holds for you, the path God has chosen for you.  I pray that you always follow after and seek His will.

I love you for ever, always, my baby you'll be! 

Love, Mom

K.  Bye now!

No comments:

Post a Comment