Thursday, March 29, 2012

The bouquet

Since Kirstyn already posted this on her FB, I don't have any problems posting pics of her pretty bridal bouquet here...so without further ado...



So - what do you think?  Pretty, no? It's exactly what Kirstyn wanted!  We went Saturday and picked out all the flowers.  She wanted silk flowers that represented real wild flowers.  No purple petunia's or anything unnatural.  She also wanted some burlap, hence the burlap flowers.  She wanted it to be airy and natural, like she went to a field and picked the flowers that day.  Her only other request was for a "cascade" style bouquet.  She is using all colors in her wedding, but wanted to really pull out the yellow, green and orange.  I think this is an excellent representation of what she wanted to achieve.  Way to go, Tamara!  You did a great job!

Tomorrow is the Bridal Portraits and Friday is the Engagement Portraits.  I can't wait to see them!  We have a very talented photographer who excels at natural light photography - she's a perfect fit.  You may question why we are taking these pics so far in advance - well, the fact of the matter is that our photographer lives in Indiana and can't come down very often.  So - here we are!  Fun, fun, fun!

On another note - pray for Malissia - her ears are hurting her and she can't hear anything - probably another ear infection.  You'd think at 16 she'd outgrow them, but no!  Also, I'm worried I'm catching a cold.  I have a bit of congestion in my chest that is being persistent. 

BTW - for those of you who have been reading my blog - I'm on Round 6 of Game On.  We took a small hiatus from Thanksgiving until Valentines.  I put on about 1/2 my weight loss before we began Round 5 (I was eating everything in sight as though I'd never eat again!).  Fortunately for me I was able to lose all of it back in Round 5.    Round 6 brought a few changes - we decided to increase our water intake to 3 liters, or 96 oz, or 12 glasses per day (MAX!).  After a few complaints, we decided they could reduce it back down to 8 glasses, but NO alternative drinks (we had been allowing diet sodas, crystal light, etc...if you finished your 8 glasses).  If you can finish 8 glasses and then drink 2-3 diet drinks or other types of beverages, then you can drink more than 8 glasses of water per day!  So there!  :)  Anyway, I'm struggling on - dreaming of going to the lake, peeing in the bed, drowning - but struggling along.  Also, our weeks are from Wednesday to Tuesday instead of Mon-Sun.  I have lost 4 lbs in the 1st week!  So maybe there is something to this....  Wish us all luck - there are 10 playing this round.

K.  Bye, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment