Monday, December 12, 2011

Merry Christmas - early

Hi!  I know I haven't posted since Malissia's birthday, but I just wanted to take a minute and let everyone know how things are going.

Since my last post Ryan turned 19, Macy got married, Thanksgiving came and went, the church banquet happened and last night was the Christmas Program. 

I must admit, my church family rocks!  We had a group of 10 men and women sing Ringing of the Bells acapello and it was FABULOUS!  My only complaint is that it didn't last long enough.  Perfect pitch and tone - unbelievable.  No music was needed! 

A group of church members also put together a 1 hour version of It's a Wonderful Life.  Fantastic!  For amateurs, they did so well!  They were entertaining, the costumes and props were very professional.  It amazes me how much talent one church can hold! 

Did I mention the food?  No.  But I will!  Cookies - many, many cookies.  Amber would have thought she was in HEAVEN!  Sandwiches, chips, cake, punch and wassail!  MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm!  You should have been there!

Last Thursday, I had some of my closest friends from work come over for some delicious chicken and sausage gumbo.  We also had potato salad, buttermilk pie and apple pie.  We were soooo stuffed when it was over it was hard to move from the table to the couch!  The comeraderie we all share is amazing.  I am truly blessed to have such wonderful women to work with.  You should be jealous!

Saturday the triplets turned one!  Happy 1st Birthday, Kael, Kolten & Kaleb!  They are the MOST adorable babies ever!  If I had to have 3 boys, I would want them to look just like these boys!  PRECIOUS!

This Thursday is the Ladies Cookie Swap and Ornament Exchange.  I am looking forward to it!  I'm baking iced sugar cookies and will probably get Malissia to bake spritz cookies.  Kirstyn won't be participating in it because she has a school function, but she'll get there as soon as she can.  We always have SO much fun - I love our ladies.  They are planning soups and salads and there will be several comical skits for our entertainment!  Can't wait.

After that, I still have the Children's Church Christmas Party Wednesday night, the Youth Christmas Party this Friday, my work Christmas Party this Saturday and the Sunday School Christmas Party Sunday morning.  Whew!  THEN it'll finally be over.  I'll be able to sit back and enjoy the rest of my Christmas - the few days that are left.

If I can scrounge up some photos of the banquet and the program, I'll post them.

Have you finished your Christmas shopping?  How shocked would you be if I confessed I haven't even begun?  I mean, I have my lists made out and I know what I'm getting, I just haven't actually GOT the gifts or wrapped them!  The tree's up, house is decorated, and I'm otherwise totally ready for the holiday.

I know what I want for Christmas, too!  Don't laugh!  It's all very worldly and materialistic!  New cookie sheets, a Kindle, a laptop, AND - (I said DON'T laugh) - Bruno Mars, Adele & Daughtry CD's!  Hilarious, no?  Well, I could probably live without the Daughtry - I don't like ALL of his music, but the others?  I'd LOVE them!  Quit laughing!  What's on your Christmas wish list?

If I don't talk to you guys before then, I hope and pray you have a VERY Merry Christmas!

K.  Bye, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment