Monday, October 3, 2011

It was a lovely weekend

The dresses were finished in time and fit just right.  The wedding was beautiful!  I hope to be able to post some pics in a few days.  It was simple, but elegant down to the last detail.  I think what I appreciated most about the wedding was they paid attention to everything that was important to them and did not go to any extremes to try to outdo other weddings.  They did not buy into the retail version of a wedding.  I loved it!  And the ice cream buffet was a hit!  Marble Slab Sweet Cream all the way!

I made my bonus points for the week and now we're beginning week 3.  I'm feeling positive about it!

Tonight my goal is to do a bit of laundry and sew up a pretty little dress for my cousin's daughter, Zoe, who is supposed to be born this Wednesday.  It's all cut out and ready to go.  Since I'm using a lace overlay on the top, I've brought it to work to hand sew the overlay to the crepe fabric so that I'll be able to use it as one piece.  It's simple enough that I hope to have it finished tonight.

My mom and step-dad came over Friday night and grilled pork chops and veggies for me so I didn't have to stop sewing to cook.  Then mom started marking all the pieces of Malissia's Cinderella gown.  Hopefully I'll get a good dent in it this weekend!

Macy's wedding shower is on the 15th.  The last shower of the year, except for her lingerie shower which I will host at my house.  I don't have a date yet. 

Craft sale is creeping up and will be here in a couple of weeks.  I've been thinking about making my pumpkin dolls, but if the baby dress goes well tonight, I might make a few of them in off white, lavender, yellow & green.  We'll see.  K.  Bye, now...

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the pretty little pink dress when it is done. The green bridesmaid dresses were GORGEOUS. Like the wedding, simple yet elegant and very pretty.
    Hope you feel better sweetie!

    ReplyDelete