Friday, September 23, 2011

Typical frustrations

Well, as usual, last night didn't go as planned.  First of all, the bolero jacket has a collar/neckline/darts that are actually just one seam.  One of the jackets had to be widened in the back by about 2 inches and I didn't realize it would affect this seam line.  Well, it did!  So tonight I'm gonna go home and recut the front of this jacket and make that allowance.  This should allow me to finish up the jackets in a few minutes (or at least less than 1 hour!).  The other annoying problem I had was the serger.  One of the threads broke and I had to re-thread it.  Not a big deal - I've done it 100's of times.  But, oh no.  The serger decided to be cranky.  I had to re-thread about 20 time, no exaggeration!  Finally it decided to cooperate and serged beautifully.  After that I decided it was time to quit.  I was getting frustrated and didn't want to make any mistakes.

The girls are leaving today to go to Kerrville!  I know they will have tons of fun.  I hope they get a good blessing, some strength, and an abundance of Holy Ghost to bring back with them!  :)  They need it!  So do I!  Ryan called last night - he cut his hair.  He said he felt like it was too long and he was going to shape up.  Wednesday night he said he prayed through - got the victory!  He said he had some cleaning out to do - his music, his clothes, his heart.  He said his mind is made up!  I'm so thankful to God for working this out!  He said he felt like he was the old Ryan again.  The Ryan he became September of last year is gone.  God is good!  Now I need to ship his Study Bible to him.  That'll be this weekend. 

Best news of the day - IT'S FRIDAY!  WOO-HOO!  Have a good weekend - be productive, stay busy, enjoy life!  See you guys on Monday.  Bye, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment