Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A lot of talking...

Last night I completed 1 jacket for the wedding.  I hope to have all 3 completed before Friday.  That will give me the entire weekend to work on the top of the dresses.  They are going smoothly so far. 

Have you checked out Rhonda's new blog?  I LOVE IT!  http://cupcakeloveandmore.blogspot.com/ 

I'm hoping the virus is gone for good.  Kirstyn had some problems with it yesterday, but seems better today.  I DON'T WANT IT!!!

Yesterday was Amber's birthday.  She's 20 (NOT!).  We had a party for her at work and it was a lot of fun.  I am truly thankful for my besties at work.  They keep me going and make life bearable and fun.  You don't know what you're missing until you finally have a group of women to work with that makes you enjoy Monday-Friday 8-5!  If you get a chance, ask Amber about the new "word of the day" she started with Pam!  HILARIOUS! 

In other news, Breaking Dawn is becoming the daily talk at work.  We have team Jacob and team Edward.  I think it's really funny.  Pam and I loved the story before there ever was a movie!  The books were very good - entertaining - romantic.  Not realistic, at all, but dreamy and fictional.  It was a nice, light read.  The closer the new movie gets to coming out, the more "frenzy" there is about it.  It's funny to watch everyone's reaction.  I just finished reading the Shiver trilogy - it was really good although I don't like the ending of Forever.  Cole and Isabel are unfinished.  I think it needs closure.  Oh, well.  It wasn't my book to write.  I'm currently reading The Help.  The movie has great reviews from what I've heard, and Amber had the book, so she lent it to me and I really like it.  It's the kind of book that makes you think.  And for all those out there who think we haven't made any progress - read the book.  Remember or research what it really was like and compare it to today.  It's a world of difference.  Some good, some bad. 

Last of all, with Game On, I chose my good habit to be writing to an elderly person (various) in my church each day.  I've written 2 letters so far.  I really am going to enjoy this habit.  I know how much it means to me to receive a phone call, a card, or letter from someone.  Just knowing that someone thought of me and took the time to let me know about it.  I hope this new habit of mine helps others, brings them a little joy, even if only for a few minutes.  I hope that I use this opportunity as a chance to allow God to work through me.  Bro. Hammer has been talking about stepping up in our walk with God, witnessing, outreach - all things I am sadly lacking in.  I really need to let God work on me.  I need to take time out to stop and listen to what He's asking me to do.  And DO IT!  Lord, help me be obedient to Your will, not mine.  I know You have great plans for me.  Don't let me be foolish and let this selfish, prideful flesh get in the way.  It is an honor and a priviledge to do a work for God - no matter what or where that work is.  If it's working on a team feeding the hungry - so be it.  If it's helping clean the church - so be it.  If it's watching little children that are brought to church via our bus - so be it.  If it's cooking or helping someone too ill or feeble to do for themself - so be it.  His will.  Not mine.  That's what I want.  More than anything!

2 comments:

  1. Steph-
    You are so funny! Thanks for making my b-day so stinkin special. I really appreciate you guys!
    WOOO HOOO - Cant' wait until Nov. I want to
    see Breaking Dawn - um yesterday. WOO HOO. Team EdwardJacobBella...EmmettJasper... yum.
    I am also with you regarding Forever. It didn't end finished. She could totally write another book and do it about Cole and Isabella.
    Also, you don't know you are teaching or telling about God when you are. You talk about Him all the time, and I love listening. You make me think and question myself. You are doing more than you know.
    Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey lets go eat lunch today for amber birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete