Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's that time of year again...

Hey, ya'll!  I'm feeling much better today - not that I've been ill, just down in spirit a bit.  I had a good nights rest last night and I woke up this morning and my scale whispered sweet nothings to me!  :)  I've lost another pound!  I've reached my goal for the week - if I can keep it off - or better yet, lose more!  I'm just glad for the chance to get my bonus points on Game On!

In other news, Tori's top is marked and ready to be sewn together.  I hope to have her top finished tonight - maybe more.  Since this will be the 4th top I've made, you'd think it'd go a bit faster.  Here's hoping!

I got a sneak preview of the reception area for Jayde's wedding this Saturday.  It's beautiful.  It amazes me everytime we have a wedding how creative and artistic our church family is.  It's one thing to pay to have this kind of beauty, but when you have people who can do it themselves, the floral arrangements and other design elements - I'm always amazed!

Speaking of creativity, the Craft Sale is just around the corner.  October 21 & 22!  I'm PUMPED!  FUN, FUN, FUN.  No one, and I do mean NO ONE, has more to offer.  We have hand sewn crafts, painted crafts, wood worked crafts, floral arrangements, you name it.  Holiday decor, home decor, office & lawn decor.  Gifts for you, gifts for others. 

Then there's the baked goods - OH MY!  All homemade from scratch!  Cakes - chocolate sheath cake, german chocolate, red velvet, italian cream, coconut, really the sky's the limit.  Pies - apple, pecan, almond torte, peach, BUTTERMILK, and the list goes on.  Homemade breads - dinner rolls, jalapeno bread, and Nina's FAMOUS Cinnamon Rolls.  They are made from a recipe delivered to Nina from the angels!  Trust me on this - I've had them!  There's candy - fudge, pralines, peanut brittle, divinity, caramels - you name it!  Again - HOMEMADE!  And we can't forget the salsa's, the jerky, the jams, jellies & preserves! 

And just when you think you've seen it all - we sell BBQ Dinners!  Your choice of brisket, chicken or links with generous side servings of potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw or salad, a dinner roll, dessert & iced tea!  Or for those wanting something hearty but lighter - homemade veggie beef soup with all the sides.  Adult or child portions are available and reasonably priced. 

Does life get any better than this?  I don't think so.  Food, fun, fellowship, crafts, and all for the work of the Lord!  It's the best.  I hope you guys join us!  Hope to see you all there! 

K.  Bye, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment